Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Linky Time

Hi everyone!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.

Well it is Friday.  The last Friday in July...but I'm not even thinking about that fact yet.  I'm in vacation mode, people and nothings going to rain on that parade right now!

Ok, so my number 1 this week is getting ready for our VACATION, of course!  We are heading to Florida to get some beach time in before...well, we are heading to Florida {tomorrow} to get some beach time in!  :-)
Love that last picture.  Plain. Simple.  True.  I have no idea why I don't live somewhere coastal.  I know everyone says they love the beach, but I REALLY LOVE THE BEACH!!!  I'm sure I am going to go through a mini depression when we have to leave, but for now--all is swell.  Except packing.  Oh, how I hate packing...not so much packing but the fear that I'm forgetting something, despite my checking and double checking my lists.  Yes, I have problems.


Made my Word Wall..I've gotten many questions about what I used for the pink polka dot border, it is not fabric.  Are you ready for this?  Napkins.  Yep, bought them on sale.  They matched my decor, so I knew I'd use them for something.  So here is how it all went down...
Open up the napkin, it will be folder in fours, cut out the 4 squares.
Fold like a fan, and staple.  OH MY GOODNESS though, be prepared for this stapling to drive you nutty.  But, these bulletin boards are staying this way for a yr, maybe 2.  (i say that now...)  Here is my final product:
Mini anchor charts done.  The picture is terrible, so I'm going to move on... 

Went to Six Flags again with the family.  I live right by St.Louis, MO (for those who don't know) and they have a Six Flags so the fam and I go often!  The kids LOVE it!  So this is 3 of the 5 of us.  My husband has taken the kids on some weeknights just for a few hrs and raved about it being so empty--they got right on the rides-yada yada yada, so this week, I was like, "well I want to come with you guys".  So we did, get there and the parking lot is PACKED.  I'm talking "open-the-extra-parking-garages-that-are-usually-closed-packed."  Turns out it was Bring a Friend for Free week.  OF COURSE.  My luck.  So this log flume pic took us about an hour to get b/c thats how long we waited in line.  ARGGG! figures.  
It's that time.  You know it is.  So, while I was watching some stupid summer tv I cut.  and cut.  and cut, cut cut.  This is all stuff from my Beach Decor product in my TPT store, if interested.  Just sayin'.
Well, that's all I got guys.  I'm off to pack some more.  Have a fun week!!

7 comments:

  1. Your word wall board is SO cute! Very clever idea with the napkins!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your ruffled bulletin board. Enjoy your summer
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought of using napkins on my bulletin board! Genius and super fun! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Your bulletin board is ADORABLE!! Your blog is so cute too! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to agree with everyone else!!! I LOVE your word wall, that is such a great idea with the napkins. Too cute!
    Emily
    Love and the Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your Word Wall Board!! What a crafty idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! I love your classroom theme, looks like it really matches you!! :-) Hope you enjoy your vacation and the rest of your summer! So glad I got to 'meet' you through the linky party!!

    Warmest Wishes,

    Erin

    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete