Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Classroom Reveal Linky

I'm proud of my classroom this year.  I spent a lot of hard work and time up there, trying to get more organized, and pretty up my beach themed classroom this year.  I'm linking with My Carolina Classroom

To remind you where I came from, here is the picture at the end of May, last school year:


To theme or not to theme...that was my question this school year.  On one hand, I do believe that the littles enjoy a theme...I know my own children do.  They look forward every year to what their classroom is going to be decorated as, however, it is so much work (not to mention $) to change out a theme every year!  At the moment, I have about 5 themes that I rotate through.  But still.  My main goal this year was to use bright, summer colors...teal, turquoise, pink, lime green.  I LOVE those colors and I knew anything I did with those would be A-ok.  So next was the question of "do I theme?"  I did.  I had created a beach decor pack that is in my TPT store, and it also had all of those colors in it, add the fact that the beach brings me to such a happy place, so I decided to do that theme,  but to do it focusing more on the colors than anything else.  That way next year I can use the same labels, bins, etc.  So without further adieu, here are some pictures of my classroom this year!  Hope you enjoy.  Ooooooh wait, right off the bat, I want to credit Learning in Wonderland for the cute drawer labels, and Frogs and Cupcakes for the Math cute labels you will see on my bins, and Teacher at Heart for all the bright polka dot labels you will see on many bins throughout my room.  If I missed anyone I am truly, truly sorry--just email me and I will add you to the list! 
Ok, so here is my classroom:
This is the view from my entrance to my room.  Do you love the colors as much as I do?? 
Speaking of entrances, here is my door for now.  My extremely artsy coworker made the flip flop for me.  Isn't she great?!?  



Here is a shot to my carpet area.  I am going to do my calendar on the Smartboard this year, so I didn't need as big of a set up as previous years since it's all done on the SB.  I did feel it still necessary to put up the calendar and the hundreds chart.  We work with those in various subjects, and personally it would drive me nutty not to have a calendar on display.  The carpet is from Ikea and I have also purchased these placemat circles in my fun colors initially because I wanted them to bring these to the Smartboard while we do our calendar routine, but the more I think of it, I also like it because it gives each child their own personal space as well.  



This area will couple as my Math center in the afternoons.  The math labels again are from Frogs and Cupcakes.  
So, moving on...I asked for tables this year because we have a larger class than previous years and I've wanted tables for a couple of years now.  My wish was granted!  I am so psyched to try them out.     It's the little things, right?!?  


When I got tables, I knew I would have to have something to store their materials, and this is what I came up with.  I bought the magazine file holders from Ikea.   See how I decorated them here.  This will hold some of their journals.   I have storage for extra crayons, markers and glue.  


Here are the nameplates and center signs I am using!  They are also in my Beach Decor packet.  They come in all kids of sea creatures.  
Next is my play area.  


This couples as the listening center, which is stored on that teal stool. 






 Here is my desk area.  (please ignore the overflowing trash bins, I didn't realize they were in the pic).  I have some shelves in the back keeping me organized an sane, and the bulletin board will be where our guided reading strategies will go.  

Here is some of my writing center set up.  


And a closer look at my class jobs.
And my word wall:



This is how I organize all my theme books.  


And this is how I organize my resource books behind my desk.



I found the bins at Target for $1 back in Spring and LOADED up!  Love the colors.  I labeled with circle labels and cut scallops on my Cricut machine.  My new thing this year is attaching labels with rings.  It's brilliant really, so whoever I saw that from on Pinterest, many MANY thanks to you!  :)

That about wraps it up for me.  Thanks for being so patient and looking through oodles and oodles of pictures.  I am very excited to and happy to start this year off with a room that fits me and what I was looking for.  

I wish you all a fantastic year of teaching!  A year with perhaps less snow days than last year!!!! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment