Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Like a kid in a candy store...

Ok, so I consider myself pretty up on the times as far as technology goes, but then I see some of the amazing blogs looking really fantastic, and I'm like..."how do they DO that?"  I'm a sucker for the customized fonts and cute buttons etc.  I sat down at my computer DETERMINED to at least figure out the font thing...and I did...kinda.  I was able to change some of my fonts like the headlines, but could not figure out how to change it in the body of my main posts.  I even followed some helpful woman's tutorial on Pinterest step by step, but it did not work for me.  So if any of you know how to do that, please let me know! 

On to the next:  QR codes.  SOOOOOO many possibilities, but I put it on my Summer "to do" list b/c I just assumed it was going to be complicated and time consuming, and I thought I'd really just have to sit down and figure this whole QR thing out.  Last week, I talked to a coworker of mine who had dabbled with them just the night before.  I told her it was on my list, but she said it was really easy, gave me some instructions on how to create them, and that was that.  I went home and played with these!  I was like a kid in a candy store at all the possibilities cross curricular!!!  My first creation was to make a sight word write the room with them.  I have many many more projects involving QR codes on my list though.  (wink).  Oh, that darn list.  It's never ending, right?  

Click here for your QR sight word freebie.  

I would like to credit  both of them for the wonderful graphics and fonts for this freebie.
#kindergarten, #sightwords, #qrcodes

Here are some pictures of us using this center today.  We won't get tablets for the class until next year, so I cannot yet do the "write the room" activity these were intended for, so we empravised.  They all took turns pulling a card and scanning the QR code.  Then they wrote down the words together as a whole.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment